2. At times, Sycamore Education will collect certain personal information about customers and visitors to websites hosted by us. Such information will include both identifiable personal data, as well as non-identifiable personal information. Identifiable personal information will be collected when you sign a contract for service with us, or use our website for a transaction or subscription service. Non-identifiable information is gathered automatically when you visit our website or those websites hosted by us, and stored for use in our system.
4. Sycamore Education respects customer privacy and the privacy of those accessing our website, or those websites hosted by us. We undertake to protect the confidentiality of our customers and users including all personal information supplied in the course of contracting with us for services. We undertake not to sell your personal information to third parties for commercial or marketing purposes.
Collection of Personal Data
5. Sycamore Education clients, including but not limited to schools, colleges, and businesses, will generally collect personal information regarding staff, students, families, and associated parties. This information may include, but not be limited to, employment, tax identification, , financial, emergency contact, medical, insurance, academic, behavioral, and demographic information. It is the responsibility of Sycamore Education clients to utilize the services provided by Sycamore Education in a manner that protects privacy, and that complies with federal, state, and similar regulations unique to the jurisdiction within which the clients operate.
6. Sycamore Education collects personal data about our users when you visit a website hosted by us; apply for a free trial of our products; ask us to contact you, etc., and through the use of cookie technology.
[A cookie is a data file that sits on your computer hardisk. The cookie is placed there by a remote web server that you have visited using a browser like Netscape or Internet Explorer. It is used to uniquely identify you during web interactions with a website and contains data parameters that allow the remote HTML server to keep a record of who you are, and what actions you take at the remote web site. You have the option to disable the cookie function in your browser, but will be restricted from accessing many sites as a result.]
Use of Personal Data
7. Sycamore Education may log the websites you visit; collect IP addresses and information about your operating system and the type of browser you use for the purposes of network/system administration, and to audit the use of our site. This data however will not be used to identify individual users who will at all times remain anonymous
8. Any information Sycamore Education collects from you through correspondence with us, whether via e-mail, telephonically or by written letter, will only be used to address the matters within that correspondence. If this requires referring such correspondence within Sycamore Education or to a third party to ensure customer service, your personal information will only be disclosed to the point necessary to address your query or concerns, and will otherwise be kept confidential.
9. Sycamore Education provides a comprehensive Google integration and allows customers to view, manage, and edit their Google based data through our online web portals. The accessing of this data is through the OAuth standard and requires the user to explicitly give their consent to Sycamore Education accessing their personal or organizational data. This Google integration includes but is not limited to the following: retrieval of personal information to allow for single sign-on into Sycamore Education systems, retrieval and display of personal and organizational online documents, calendar events, classroom rosters, classroom assignments, assignment submissions, organizational directories, individual users.
Public Space (Bulletin Boards, Chat Rooms and Third-Party Sites)
10. Any information that customers disclose in a public space, including on or in any bulletin board, news article, chat room or on any site Sycamore Education may host for you, is available to anyone else who visits that space. Sycamore Education cannot safeguard any information disclosed there.
Access to Customer Information:
11. The primary goal of Sycamore Education in collecting personal information from our customers is to assist our customers in managing the information they provide while utilizing our products and services. We have always safeguarded the confidentiality of information provided to us by our clients and are bound by our professional standards to continue to maintain this vital aspect of our professional relationship.
The following individuals may have access to some or all of your information:
Employees of the company: Employees who need such information to conclude a transaction or provide technical support for which the customer has engaged Sycamore Education.
Service providers: Occasionally, service firms may need access to certain information within our databases and servers. For example. consultants that must have access to certain client records in order to increase the efficiency of our data processing systems.
Any such information that needs to be disclosed for any business purpose will be considered confidential and not used for any purpose other than the specific business need. That well-understood business policy of confidentiality will be reinforced as needed by contractual agreements with any service provider having access to your data.
Reservation of Rights
13. Sycamore Education reserves the right to disclose information about customers where required in good faith, to do so by law or to exercise our legal rights or defend ourselves against legal claims.
14. Sycamore Education further reserves the right to share information with law enforcement to investigate or prevent illegal activities being committed over our network.
15. Sycamore Education reserves our rights to disclose your personal information where you have given us explicit legal written consent to do so.
16. Sycamore Education reserves the right to monitor user and network traffic for site security purposes and prevent any unauthorized attempts to tamper with our site or cause damage to our property.
105 E 6th Street, NE 68025
Phone: 866 757 4968
Last updated: 1/24/18